at West Windsor Campus
When: mid-June to mid-August
Website / More Info: www.mccc.edu/campcollege
Contact: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; phone 609-570-3311
Benefit: offers children an enriching alternative to the traditional summer day camp
- Camp College provides the widest range range of flexible scheduling options.
- 'Campus Kids' four-week traditional camp sessions offer more than 60 program selections including swim instruction, camp newspaper, creative writing, soccer, and juggling to mention a few in addition to dozens more academic and recreational programs for children ages 6-13.
- One-week, individually priced full and half-day accelerated study, academic, and recreational programs offer unique opportunities not ordinarily found in elementary and middle school curriculums for children, ages 6-16. Programs include the popular Kids in the Kitchen series, Sea Camp Marine Biology at Sandy Hook, robotics, computers, fishing, rock climbing and adventure camp.
Tomato Patch Visual and Performing Arts Workshops
When: June, July, August
Website / More Info: www.tomatopatch.org
Contact: e-mail email@example.com
Benefit: Theater - Dance - Music - Video - Visual Arts
The longest running, most successful multidisciplinary summer arts program in central New Jersey.
Kelsey Kids Playshops
When: Jan. to March; Sept. to Nov.
Website / More Info: www.kelseyatmccc.org/playshops
Contact: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; phone 609-570-3566
Saturday morning creative theatre workshops, presented in conjunction with Youth Stages under the direction of Jean Prall Rosolino.
- "PLAYtime," for students in Kindergarten through 2nd grade, meets on Saturdays from 9 to 10 a.m.
- "PLAYing Around With Theatre," for students in 3rd through 5th grade, meets from 10:15 to 11:30 a.m.
at James Kerney Campus
Educational Talent Search
Website / More Info: www.mccc.edu/talentsearch
Benefit: academic, career, and personal counseling
Educational Talent Search provides individual and group counseling sessions, academic advisement and technical assistance to Trenton youth (grades 6-12) and adults, high school drop-outs, and college stop-outs in the areas of career exploration, educational planning, college entrance examination preparation, admission and financial aid procedures and tutoring, on a limited basis, for the purpose of encouraging and assisting in their enrollment in college. All services are free!
NJ GEAR UP / College Bound
When: July, August
Website / More Info: www.mccc.edu/gearup
Contact: e-mail email@example.com; phone 609-570-3234
A pre-college program that serves students in the Trenton school district. Students are exposed to a college or university environment, while receiving tutorials, mentoring, and academic and culturally enriching services.
Grades: high school
When: school year
Website / More Info: www.mccc.edu/upwardbound/
Contact: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; phone 609-570-3155
Benefit: supports educationally and economically disadvantaged Trenton students who have the desire and potential to succeed in college
During the school year, students receive academic instruction in college preparation and college level courses, after-school tutoring, and preparation for the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT). By participating in career, academic and personal counseling sessions, students learn to make difficult decisions about which colleges to attend. College visits and educational field trips are included. All services are free!