ACCUPLACER College Skills Placement Test
|West Windsor Campus Testing Center
12/22/14 MONDAY -- open 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
12/23/14 TUESDAY -- open 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
12/24/14 WEDNESDAY through 1/3/15 SATURDAY -- closed
1/5/15 MONDAY -- open normal winter/spring semester hours
1/17/15 MONDAY -- closed
Who Must Test
As a prospective or new student, you will need to take the ACCUPLACER placement test after you complete the application process. The placement test will provide information about your skills in the English language and mathematics. The test results will not affect your admission to the college, but they will determine your eligibility for certain courses and programs.
The following students are advised to take the placement test:
Students should take the test prior to registration. If you have taken the test at another
college, please arrange for an official copy of your scores to be sent to:
- full or part-time students who have not achieved an SAT score of 540 in Reading or 530 in Mathematics sections
- returning students who have not tested for course placement in more than two years
- non-matriculated students with twelve or more credits
- transfer students who have not completed English and mathematics requirements
- ESL students who need mathematics courses (partial testing in math only)
Academic Testing Center - LB209
Mercer County Community College
P.O. Box 17202
Trenton, NJ 08690
Payment, Testing Times
There is no charge for initial testing; however, a retest requires a $25 fee. One retest is permitted per student. The retest fee or receipts are due at the time of your retest.
The test is available routinely by appointment during our office hours at both the Academic Testing Center on the West Windsor Campus (WWC: 609-570-3295) and the Testing Center at the James Kerney Campus (JKC: 609-570-3151). We are additionally able to accommodate walk-ins most days at the WWC Academic Testing Center.
Sign up for one of the following dates if evenings or Saturdays are the only times you are available.
These dates include opportunity to talk with an advisor, register, and pay for classes following testing at the West
Windsor Campus. Call 609-570-3295 or e-mail email@example.com to sign up.
ACCUPLACER practice questions are now available with the ACCUPLACER iphone app.
For information about purchasing the ACCUPLACER app, click here.
More Information About Placement Testing
- If English is your second language, please contact the International Student Services Office at 609-570-3438 or visit SC253 on the West Windsor Campus.
- If you are a student with documented disabilities, contact the Office of Special Services by calling (609) 570-3525 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a transfer student who has already taken the ACCUPLACER test, be sure to bring a copy of your score report to the West Windsor Testing Center (LB209).
- For more details about arranging placement testing, e-mail email@example.com or call (609) 570-3295.