ACCUPLACER College Skills Placement Test
||SPECIAL HOURS [see also Regular Hours]
|West Windsor Campus Testing Center
* Saturday May 25 and Monday May 27, 2019 (Memorial Day) - CLOSED
|James Kerney Campus Testing/Learning Center
Placement test appointments are available for the following times:
Monday through Thursday at 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 4 p.m.;
Friday at 10 a.m.; Saturday at 9 a.m.
Who Must Test
Students enrolling at Mercer may be required to take a placement test. Available at the Testing Center on both campuses, the exam measures skills in reading. Placement test results will not affect admission to the college; however, the scores will determine eligibility for certain courses and programs.
The following students are advised to take the placement test:
Arrangements for Testing
- students who have graduated from high school more than five years ago;
- transfer students who have not completed English requirements;
- students for whom English is a second language ESL students.
After completing a college admissions application, students may arrange to take the placement test by contacting the preferred testing location: the Academic Testing Center at the West Windsor Campus (609-570-3295 or e-mail email@example.com
) or the Testing Center at the James Kerney Campus (609-570-3151 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Special accommodations for testing may be arranged through the Office of Special Services at 609-570-3525.
Students who have taken the test at another college should arrange for an official copy of scores to be sent
by e-mail to email@example.com
, by fax to 609-570-3872, or by mail to:
Academic Testing Center - LB208
Mercer County Community College
P.O. Box 17202
Trenton, NJ 08690
Payment, Testing Times
There is no charge for initial testing; however, a retest requires a $25 fee. One retest is permitted per student. The retest fee or receipts are due at the time of your retest.
The test is available routinely by appointment during our office hours
at both the Academic Testing Center
on the West Windsor Campus
(WWC: 609-570-3295) and the Testing Center at the James Kerney Campus
(JKC: 609-570-3151). We are additionally able to accommodate walk-ins most days at the WWC Academic Testing Center.
ACCUPLACER practice questions are now available with the ACCUPLACER iphone app here
How to purchase
the ACCUPLACER mobile app.
More Information About Placement Testing
- If English is your second language, please contact the International Student Services Office at 609-570-3438 or visit SC253 on the West Windsor Campus.
- If you are a student with documented disabilities, contact the Office of Special Services by calling (609) 570-3525 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a transfer student who has already taken the ACCUPLACER test, be sure to bring a copy of your score report to the West Windsor Testing Center (LB209).
- For more details about arranging placement testing, e-mail email@example.com or call (609) 570-3295.