STEPS to ENROLL     |     APPLY NOW     |     REGISTER for COURSES     |     MyMERCER     |    

Virtual Enrollment Center FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions you may have about the Virtual Enrollment Center.

Click to expand each area for specific FAQs.

How do I apply?
Each prospective student must complete an  admissions application online .

What materials do I need to provide?
Each student must arrange for final high school transcripts or GED scores (showing proof of completion), immunization records (for full-time students) and college transcripts to be sent to the Student Records office. (Print the  immunization form.)
Student Records Office
Mercer County Community College
P.O. Box 17202
Trenton, NJ 08690

What if I took the SATs/ACTs? Do I still need to take a placement test?
The results of standardized tests -- the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or ACT Assessment -- are not required for admission, but SAT/ACT scores may be used for course placement and should be sent. A score of 480 or higher on the Evidence Based Reading and Writing (ERW) SAT and a score of 19 or higher on the Reading section of the ACT exempts you from the placement test. (If applicable, send your ACT score report using If you have no previous college credits and have not met the aforementioned SAT or ACT requirements, you must take the MCCC placement test.

How do I make an appointment for the placement test?
Contact the Testing Center at to schedule your free placement test. Applicants who speak English as their second language may be asked to take an ESL placement test. For further information about placement testing, see the Testing Centers page.

What are my next steps for admission?
When test scores are available, the student will meet with an advisor to discuss the student's background and interests, and review transcripts of earlier work. During this meeting, the advisor will discuss the student's chosen program and arrange a schedule of classes for the first semester.

For further questions, please contact

How do I register for courses?
If you are a first-time visiting student at MCCC, complete the  online Admissions Application.

Returning visiting students proceed to next step:

E-mail the Admissions Office at with your name, date of birth, and the course number that you intend to register for. Admissions will complete your registration and provide you with your class schedule including the tuition amount and due date.

If I’m a visiting student, can I still take classes at MCCC?
Yes! We recommend that you confirm with your home college/university that they will accept the credits that you intend to obtain from Mercer County Community College. After completing your course at MCCC,  request an official transcript to be sent back to your college from MCCC.

How do I order my MCCC transcript?
To place your transcript order, please visit the Mercer County Community College Parchment storefront.

When should I file my FAFSA?
Apply by  May 1 for the full academic year or  October 1 if you plan to attend only the Spring term that begins in January. Students who apply on time receive priority consideration for all of the funds we have to offer. Applying late means you will likely miss out on certain funds, and your financial aid probably won't be ready when you have to pay tuition.

What if I need help with my FAFSA?
Please email for assistance. You may also call the toll-free Federal Student Aid help line at 1-800-433-3243.

How will I know when I get financial aid?
An award letter will be available on your  Student MyMercer Portal, Go to  Student Self-Service, and click on the  Financial Aid section.

How can I find out if my tuition has been covered by financial aid?
If you registered for classes, you may check the status of your account online. Log into the Student MyMercer Portal and select the “Self-Service” link. Then select “Student Finance” > “Account Summary.” If there is no payment due, then your tuition has been covered.

For further questions, please contact

When is my tuition due?
Tuition is due the same day that you register.  You must pay in full or set up a payment plan; partial payments will not save your classes.

  Can I make a partial payment?
Yes however you must pay in full or set up a payment plan the same day that you register.  A partial payment will not save your classes.

How do I pay my tuition/old balances?
Directions on payments can be found Here

How do I set up a payment plan?
To set up a payment plan, click Here

Where can I mail payments?
Payments can be mailed to the following address:

Mercer County Community College
P.O. Box 17202
 Trenton, NJ 08690

 Please note, if mailing your payment, you will need to notify the Bursar’s office at BEFORE you register or your classes will be at risk of cancellation.

An employer/third party/529 is sponsoring my tuition. How does that work?
At the time of registration, show proof that your employer or sponsor intends to pay for your classes. To complete your registration process, this proof must be submitted to the Bursar ( immediately after registration.  This must be done on a business day prior to 4:00 PM or your classes will be at risk of cancellation for non-payment.

My question isn’t here, what should I do?
You can visit the bursar webpage Here or email your inquiry to

For assistance, please email

Thank you for your service! For assistance, please email

Can Transfer Services assist me with transferring into MCCC?

No. Transfer Services works specifically with your goals to transfer out of MCCC. Transfer Services assists you with researching four-year colleges/universities, academic program articulation agreements, and application deadlines/procedures in the transfer (out) process.

For assistance, please email

For assistance, please email