Library Resources Guide - MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
Books in the MCCC Collection
You can search the library's online catalog for a listing of both the college's holdings as well as the Mercer County [Public] Library's (MCL) collection. You can use the catalog to request items in the MCL collection be brought to the college for your use. NOTE: Call numbers beginning with "Ref" can be found in the reference collection in the library.
Searchable databases of periodical articles are available online from the MCCC library. A complete list and links to these databases can be found at the library's Online Resources page. For MCCC students, to access the databases off campus you will need to use your student ID number and last name to enter the databases.MCCC faculty and staff will need to use a library issued password & ID. Faculty & staff will fill out a need to request password and user ID from the library.
Databases that include material in this subject area include: CINAHL - Allied Health (Ebsco Host)
Nursing and Allied Health Source
ProQuest Health and Medical Complete
NOTE: Depending on your specific research needs, other databases may have useful information as well.
National Library of Medicine (NLM):
Free online training resources
- Toxicology 101 on ToxTutor
- Students can use this self-paced online tutorial to learn about the key concepts behind toxicology, such as dose, toxic effects, interactions, toxicity testing methods, risk assessment, and exposure standards. The online training includes videos and interactive knowledge checks.
- Creating Community Health Maps
- These six labs at the Community Health Maps blog can be downloaded and used to walk students through the process of creating community health maps, from field data collection to visualization of the map. Read about how community health mapping is used as an educational tool for students in the public health field at the Medical University of South Carolina.
- Searching Drugs or Chemicals in PubMed
- Students who need to find biomedical literature related to specific chemicals and drugs can use this interactive online tutorial to learn how to find the information they need on PubMed.
- Help Me Understand Genetics
- Use this online book to learn about fundamental topics related to human genetics, such as cells and DNA, mutations and health, how genes work, genetic testing, gene therapy, precision medicine, and more.
- http://asp.unl.edu/ - A list of parasite image links from the American Society of Parasitologists
The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
Internet Resources - Professional Organizations http://www.ascp.org/ - American Society for Clinical Pathology
http://www.ascls.org/ - American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science
http://www.ascls-nj.org/ - New Jersey Society for Clinical Laboratory Science
http://www.labscience.org - New Jersey Clinical Laboratory Career Information
Compiled by Martin Crabtree
Revised June 2017