Overview of MCCC Athletics
Mercer County Community College has enjoyed four decades of excellence in two-year college athletics. Mercer offers intercollegiate competition in men's and women's basketball, cross country, soccer, and tennis; men's baseball and women's softball. Some sports offer scholarship opportunities for entering student athletes.
The Vikings are members of the National Junior College Athletic Association, Region XIX, and the Garden State Athletic Conference (GSAC).
Mercer has won national championships in men's basketball and soccer, and for women's tennis. More than 160 student athletes have earned national All-American honors while competing at Mercer, and hundreds more have gained Region XIX and GSAC honors. Since 2002, all nine of Mercer's athletic teams have advanced to NJCAA National Championships. In the last two years, Mercer has had 50 athletes earn All Region Honors and 51 athletes named to All Garden State Athletic Conference Teams.
Many Mercer athletes successfully transfer to four-year schools throughout the United States.
In addition to their success on the playing field, Mercer student-athletes know that to further their collegiate career they must excel in the classroom as well. Each athlete must agree to academic monitoring and requirements. Progress reports are communicated between the athletic department and faculty advisors. Tutoring is available where necessary, and all support systems are offered to student-athletes to help them achieve academic success.
Sports Offered / Coaching Staff
Contact John Simone (ext. 3740, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Soccer stadium -- synthetic grass
- Baseball stadium
- Softball stadium
- Fitness/weight room
- Recreational soccer field
- Recreational softball field
- 25-meter swimming pool
Facility Usage Information
- Athletic training staff
- Transfer counseling
- Academic monitoring
- International student counselor
- Study halls
- Strength & conditioning coach
Affiliations, Nickname, Colors
- 4 women's tennis national championships (1999, 2000, 2002, 2005)
- 8 men's soccer national championships (most recently in 2004)
- 2 men's basketball national championships (1973, 1974)
- Since 1998, all nine sports teams have advanced to national competition.
- In the last five years, MCCC teams have captured five Region XIX titles and eight Garden State Athletic Conference titles.
- Twenty-three MCCC athletes have earned NJCAA All-American honors in the last five years.
Directions to the West Windsor Campus
For more information, call (609) 570-3741.
More information about sports camps for youth
More information about MCCC Fitness and Recreation Services