Overview of MCCC Athletics
Mercer County Community College has enjoyed four decades of excellence in two-year college athletics. Mercer offers intercollegiate competition in men's and women's soccer, basketball, and tennis; men's baseball and women's softball. Some sports offer scholarship opportunities for entering student athletes.
The Vikings are members of the National Junior College Athletic Association, Region XIX, and the Garden State Athletic Conference (GSAC).
Mercer has won national championships in men's basketball and soccer, and for women's tennis. More than 160 student athletes have earned national All-American honors while competing at Mercer, and hundreds more have gained Region XIX and GSAC honors. Since 2002, all nine of Mercer's athletic teams have advanced to NJCAA National Championships. In the last two years, Mercer has had 55 athletes earn All Region 19 Honors and 40 athletes named to All Garden State Athletic Conference Teams.
Many Mercer athletes successfully transfer with full-tuition scholarships to four-year schools throughout the United States.
In addition to their success on the playing field, Mercer student-athletes know that to further their collegiate career they must excel in the classroom as well. Each athlete must agree to academic monitoring and requirements. Progress reports are communicated between the athletic department and faculty advisors. Tutoring is available where necessary, and all support systems are offered to student-athletes to help them achieve academic success.
Sports Offered / Coaching Staff
Contact John Simone (ext. 3740, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Soccer stadium -- synthetic grass
- Baseball stadium
- Softball stadium
- Fitness/weight room
- Recreational soccer field
- Recreational softball field
- 25-meter swimming pool
Facility Usage Information
- Athletic training staff
- Transfer counseling
- Academic monitoring
- International student counselor
- Study halls
- Strength & conditioning coach
Affiliations, Nickname, Colors
- 4 women's tennis national championships (1999, 2000, 2002, 2005)
- 8 men's soccer national championships (most recently in 2004)
- 2 men's basketball national championships (1973, 1974)
- From 1998-2005 all 8 sports teams have advanced to national competition.
- MCCC teams have captured 10 Region XIX and 10 Garden State Conference titles in last three years.
- Over 20 student athletes have earned national All-American honors in the last 3 years.
Directions to the West Windsor Campus
For more information, e-mail email@example.com or call 609-586-4800 ext. 3741 or 3740.
More information about sports camps for youth
More information about MCCC Fitness and Recreation Services