My MCCC Community . . .
Please join your community college in helping another.
Based on their needs and our desire to have a direct and immediate impact, Mercer County Community College is raising funds to aid the victims at Lone Star College in Houston, heavily impacted by Hurricane Harvey and just returning to modified operations this week.
I encourage students, faculty, and staff to participate in this giving effort. We have strength in our numbers and no gift is too small to make a difference. Being generous according to your means is also important to our success.
Your participation will best represent the Mercer spirit and will be greatly appreciated by those it helps. Thank You for demonstrating MCCC's best.
Dr. Jianping Wang
How and Where to Give
- Click here to make your gift on our secure web page.
- Visit any of the following locations to make your gift via cash or check:
- The Accounting Department window on the ground floor of the AD building (c/o Sheryl Trotman)
- The Administrative Suite on the second floor of the AD Building (c/o Patti Richards)
- The Bursar's Office in the Student Center (c/o Lucia Brown-Joseph)
- The Admissions Office at the James Kerney Campus (c/o Bryan O'Neal)
- The Deans' Offices on the West Windsor Campus
- Business and STEM Division:
room BS134 (c/o Doris Geck)
- Liberal Arts Division:
room LA162 (c/o Debra Stotland)
- Health Professions Division:
room MS126 (c/o Barbara Pieslak)
- Respond to any of our broadcast emails or social media posts by using the link to give online.
- Visit the Harvey Relief Fund Table outside the cafeteria during lunch hours during the week of September 11 through 15.
- Attend Club Day from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 14th and participate in games, activities, sales or giving sponsored by the Student Government Association and our Mercer Student Clubs. All proceeds from Club Day will be directed to the MCCC Harvey Relief Fund.
One Community College Helping Another
Funds collected through Friday, September 15th will be sent to Lone Star College for distribution to students, faculty, and staff who need financial assistance in order to return to Lone Star to continue their studies, continue their teaching, or to provide essential administrative services.
Lone Star's Chancellor, Dr. Stephen Head, will oversee the distribution of our gift funds based upon priority needs for recovery funding at Lone Star. This might include replacing lost books or clothing, or providing interim emergency funding for transportation or child care.
ABOUT LONE STAR COLLEGE
Lone Star is among the largest community colleges in Texas, with a total enrollment of 96,000 full-time and part-time students on six campuses, 21 other locations, and online with 7,000 employees.
FOR MORE INFORMATION . . .
Call or email MCCC staff members Patti Richards (firstname.lastname@example.org / ext. 3608) or Ilyndove Healy (email@example.com / ext. 3293).